Fashion, one word yet there is so much behind it, from clothing, accessories, styles and designs fashions means so much, many of the fashion trends we have seen in recent years we have seen and lived through before. The 60’s made a semi successful come back, as did the 70’s and 80’s, the 90’s were a mish mash and the noughties have been a bit of everything, but throughout all the decades there is one that has always been apparent, gone unnoticed and not recognised for the beauty is really is. Yes we are talking about 50s clothing!
50s clothing was the start of something new for women, it allowed for women to embrace themselves, they could start to enjoy fashion and learn what powers it had hidden beneath. We look at the body con/ bandage dress of today and we forget that it was originally the wiggle dress of the 50’s, the same goes for many of the prom and part dresses of today, they have all been inspired by the rockabilly dresses that again were born in the 50’s.
50’s clothing has so much to answer for it was the start of a new era of women becoming empowered and being able to wear what they wanted, even trousers, before this decade it was not seen or heard of. When the 50s clothing started to change after WWII funnily enough it was America who wanted to decline the change in the fashion. They did not take to it straight away, but when they saw what was happening in Europe the trends soon took on.
When it comes to clothing, fashion and women embracing themselves with clothing we have a lot to thank the 50s for. There are so many different designs and styles that are popular today and they are all based on the themes from the 50s. It goes without saying that over the years we have seen it all and this one theme is the one that has stuck throughout, it has been inspiring and yet it fits so well even today. When you walk down the street and you see a woman in a rockabilly dress or dressed like she is living the 50s to me it is glamour that comes to mind, from the hair, the make up the clothing the shoes everything, it screams with glamour.
There are very few fashion traits that we can say this about many have come and gone shown up again and been pushed out again put back where they belong, in the past but when it comes to this era of fashion, they had it right the first time round and many designers seem to recognize this and stay with it as the basis of their designs, there is a 50s inspiration in so many of todays clothing.
As you know, we can choose from a plethora of fashionable clothes: there are trousers, skirts and dresses; there are platforms, heels and flats; there are tight tops, loose tops and short tops. In short, there are many different styles of clothing. There are problems within fashion: namely, how to walk/stand/move when wearing different types of clothes. Here, we have produced an article to help you to learn how to carry each style off with confidence.
Shoes are a massive problem for women everywhere. To understand the issues, go to your local shopping centre and watch the women walking. You’ll notice a few things:
• Plenty of people wear flat shoes when heels are more appropriate.
• Some people can’t walk in heels.
• When wearing flats, some women look like they’re stomping.
It’s ok, because you can learn how to address each issue. Let’s look at the first one: people wear flats when it’s more appropriate for them to wear heels. There are usually two issues and two answers here:
1. People can’t walk in heels: the easy answer is to learn to walk in heels. You will find plenty of information online to help you do this, but here's a quick rundown: First, you need to take smaller steps, secondly, you need to learn to walk from heel to toe, and thirdly, you need to improve your posture, which you can do by walking while balancing a book on your head.
2. People find heels uncomfortable: there are, again, two reasons why this happens. First, the person is wearing ill-fitting shoes. If this is the case, they need to go back to the shoe shop and buy shoes that fit. Secondly, they aren’t used to heels of that height, in which case they need to buy a smaller heel and be comfortable with those before moving up a size.
Dresses and Skirts
Many women have problems looking good in their dresses or skirts. The issue is usually one of wearing dresses that do not suit their body type.
For example, an hourglass figure will look amazing in rockabilly clothing, such as those 1950’s dresses. This is because they complement the boobs, while downplaying the waist, and then complementing the bottom. Of women of a certain size, though, it can make them look much larger.
However, if you skinny, the rockabilly clothing can really help to accentuate minimal curves. , or can hang in all the wrong places. In this case, it will downplay the lack of womanly curves.
When choosing dresses and skirts it is important to dress according to your body shape. Here are a few tips:
• Show off your best features while downplaying your worst: if you have a fuller figure, emphasise the bosom while down playing the bottom and tummy. A V-neck is great for showing off boobs.
• Choose colours that match your skin tone. For instance, if you have a pale complexion, some colours can make you look washed out.
• Wear clothes that fit. There are so many people that wear ill-fitting clothes, and that never looks good. You can go to your local department store and have yourself measured if you’re unsure about your size.
We hope that you have found this article informative. You should now have a good idea about the type of things to research going forward.
If you would like to browse a fantastic collection of rockabilly clothing, then please visit wkmleisurewear